Monday 11 July 2011

Garden of Happiness...

Right now I am sitting between the shades of two huge plants in my garden and wondering why I left sitting in the densely green garden and hearing birds and reading books in the womb of variety of plants and trees, then the number of things stormed my mind. First it was a merciless break up and then the feel of finding no one to listen to me. After a long time, with the kind aid of books, I surged up from the well of sorrows. I was again me, who needs only nature and books for company and enjoyment. I realized that this world is not to be pitied. All human beings (leaving the exceptions ) are the most repelling. Lets not hop far away from the main point. close to my right is a tree which has a nest on which a pair of birds is busy gossiping about me. I remember when I was small, I used to sit under the shade of huge bougainvillea, on the green carpet of grass with books surrounding me, when my parents used to go for work. Enid Blyton was my favorite writer, then. Time to time, I used to look at the plants and trees and enjoy the silence, embedded only by the sweet chirpings of the birds. I loved the voice of whistling thrush.
           There are so many colors red, pink, orange, yellow with the dominant color being green. This is a majestic color, whenever I gaze at it, my eyes feel like resting on a soft pillow. The sky is now turning from blue to orange, at some spots its pink. The sun is slowly sinking. Birds are going back to their nest. My birds are already at home, sitting quietly and cuddling into each other, with an occasional glance at my stirrings. Children are going back to their house after playing cricket. My bugging neighbors have also come. Avoiding their eyes, I slip in my house. Everything is so still, so silent, so perfect that any kind of unwanted voice, that of humans and his machines seems to tense my nerves. At a distance, I hear a calf calling his mom. Each and every element of nature is retiring and saluting the sun who is bidding adieu with a promise of returning back.

3 comments: