Friday 1 June 2012

Home

Beneath the golden apple tree, strumming the guitar, wearing the shorts and loose shirt which slips off my left shoulder.  Well, that’s how I imagine myself to be. But the  truth is stranger than fiction, isn’t it. So let’s get the real picture of mine. Sitting under the bougainvillea creeper (as there is no electricity, as usual) with my guitar (which is giving me hard time) wearing shorts and shirt (which doesn’t slips off my left shoulder or from anywhere). The climate is typically hot and humid. But I am determined to do what I want.
           After 20 minutes I had to leave the place because the rightful owners of the place had returned- the two kittens. I let them have their fun and left, without letting down my spirits inside. I gave a last look to the sky and saw the sun that was tumbling down, sliding off speedily from his vantage point. The sky turned to blaring white to yellow to orange to red then crimson and then poof. Gone, it was sudden but I was happy to bid adieu to the mighty sun who will return no matter how much I hate its return.
             The electricity is still absent. But in the dark I saw a flickering candle light and went towards it. My mom was there sitting and reading a paper under the candle light. As her eyes came to me, and her lips creased into a smile, I understood why in the midst of this harsh summer, thorny people and surroundings I feel like never leaving this place. Whatever may be the problems around, she is the one who makes home or more profoundly, I would like to say, she is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment